Career Center, USC Sumter |
The Advisement and Counseling Office
Administration Building, Rm 101
Information for: Current Students
Whether you are starting out, starting over, refining, or moving up, the resources in the advisement center can help you in your career development. Your first step should be to talk to your advisor about different majors and how they apply to the world of work.
Career planning involves several steps
- Get active – take responsibility to commit to this discovery process. Make a decision to use the resources available to help you be a success at the university.
- Get connected – connect with your career counselor to review resources available and review the results of your assessment with the counselor.
- Get informed – identify options and gather information, follow through on “homework assignments” and report back to your counselor.
- Get focused – make decisions and set goals. As the semester ends, evaluate your goals and set new objectives if needed.
- Realize your potential and draw on all your skills as needed.
Career planning and placement links: