*Effective December 1, 2014: due to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI), the Office of the University Registrar can no longer accept transcript requests via mail, fax, or email with credit card information provided as payment. Requests received with credit card information will not be processed. Requests received via fax or email will no longer be accepted.*
Official Transcript Information
- The official University of South Carolina transcript is a complete record of a student's enrollment at any USC campus, including all undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses. USC does not issue partial transcripts.
- Official transcripts are only issued only at the authorization and signed written consent of the student as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
- USC does not issue unofficial transcripts.
- An official transcript will be issued only after all financial obligations to the University have been satisfied.
- USC does not fax transcripts.
- Official transcripts are $12 per copy. Payment must accompany your request for processing. Transcript fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Once a transcript request hs been submitted it cannot be cancelled or changed.
- Normal transcript processing is 2-3 business days after receiving the request. Processing time may be longer during peak times at the end of the term.
- USC will not issue copies of another institution's transcript that we may have in our possession.
- To change the name on your academic record, you must present to the University Registrar’s Office, a Name Change Request Form and copies of legal documents, which indicate the name change.
REQUEST AN OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPT IN PERSON
All official transcripts are printed at the Office of the University Registrar at our main campus in Columbia. You may go to their office (1244 Blossom Street, Columbia, SC) during their regular offices hours (M-F, 8:30AM-5:00PM) to receive a copy of your transcript or to request that your transcript be mailed to a third party. You may also submit a transcript request form in the USC Sumter Records and Registration Office (Williams-Brice-Edwards Building, 200 Miller Road, Sumter SC) during regular office hours (M-F, 8:30AM-5:00PM). To submit a request in person at either campus or receive it from the Columbia office, you must have with you the following:
A Photo ID, no exceptions.
$12.00 fee per copy by check or money order made payable to USC. Transcripts will not be processed without required payment.
Federal Express Deilvery Option: If you want to expedite the delivery of your transcript, include along with your transcript request, a pre-paid Fed Ex shipping label printed online from FedEx with the transcript recipient's address **FedEx does not deilver to P.O. Boxes. This delivery option does not guarantee same-day processing. Requests received after 12:00 noon (est.) will be processed the next business day. You must pay the delivery fee directly online to Federal Express. The Office of the University Registrar or the USC Sumter Office of Records and Registration cannot accept your credit card for payment or charge your FedEx account number for this service. Visit FedEx (http://www.fedex.com/us/) for delivery account options.
REQUEST AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ONLINE
Login to my.sc.edu
Select the Student tab and then click Student Records
Click Request Your Official Transcript. You will be directed to the Parchment Transcript Ordering Service site. If you are a new user to Parchment, you will be asked to creat an account.
If you do not have a Self Service Carolina username/VIPID, please go to the Parchment Transcript Ordering Service site directly to create an account that will allow you to submit a transcript request online.
You are responsibile for providing a valid email or mailing address for the recipient, and verifying that the recipient will accept your transcript as a certified PDF document before placing your order.
The recipient will have 30 days and five opportunities to access and download your transcript after receiving the email. Once expired, the PDF transcript cannot be resent.
The University of South Carolina has authorized Parchment Transcript Ordering Service to accept online orders for official transcripts. The delivered PDF transcript is secured by a digital certificate to ensure that the transcript is an original and is unaltered.
Review our Online Transcript Ordering FAQs before placing an order for your transcript.
REQUEST AN OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPT BY MAIL
To request your official transcript be mailed to you or a third party via standard U.S. Postal Service delivery, complete the Official Transcript Request form.
Your signature must be on the request form. Transcript request will not be processed without your signature.
Official Transcript Requests should be mailed to
Office of the University Registrar
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208-0001
University policy prohibits issuing partial transcripts and any transcripts to any student indebted to the University.
Additional information available on the University of the Registrar's website.
E-mail Questions or Comments to:
Records and Registration Director