USC Sumter has an Avaya Definity G3i PBX which manages approximately 270 campus extensions.
Current numbers assigned to USC Sumter are:
(803) 938-3700 through (803) 938-3999
(803) 775-USCS (8727)
(803) 775-6341, and 1-888-USCSUMTER (872-7868).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I call a person or an office at USC Sumter?
From a campus phone (not a pay phone or cell phone):
1. If you know the number of the person or office,
dial the four-digit extension.
2. If you do not know the number of the person
or office, dial 0.
From an off-campus phone, cell phone, or an on-campus pay phone:
1. If you know the number of the person or office
you are calling (it must be between 3700 and 3999),
simply dial (803) 938 and the four digit extension.
2. Dial (803) 775-USCS or 1-888-USCSUMTER.
During normal business hours, the receptionist can help direct your call. After hours, you will be connected to the automated attendant which will provide assistance in making your call.
How do I make a local call from a phone on the USC Sumter campus?
1. Dial 9
2. then the 7 digit phone number (Not applicable to pay
phones installed on the campus).
How do I call another USC campus?
1. If you are calling from a USC Sumter campus phone
(not a pay phone), dial 4, the code for the desired
campus (see the table below), and the phone
2. If you are calling from off-campus, from a campus pay
phone, or a cell phone, dial the desired campus'
direct or toll-free number (see the table below).
304, or 308